If you are interested in performing research at our zoo, we would love to hear from you! We offer the unique opportunity to study a large range of exotic reptile and invertebrate species in a conservation-focused institution.
Potential research topics include:
• Enrichment for a range of species
• Target training of tegus, scheltopusiks or a juvenile asian water monitor
• Effects of handling on animal behaviour and/or physiology
• Potential impacts of husbandry practices on illnesses or abnormal behaviours
• Impacts of zoo visit on visitor attitudes towards reptiles and conservation
Third level students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level are invited to submit a research proposal or a general enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “research” in the subject line.